Join more than 1 million business leaders, teachers and students, parents and families, faith leaders, elected officials, and other members of the community for the LGBT Network’s annual National Coming Out Day (NCOD) Awareness Campaign on Wednesday, October 11, 2023 to celebrate National Coming Out Day.
The LGBT Network’s NCOD Campaign is a one-day campaign that engages communities to take a stand against the discrimination, violence, harassment, and bullying of LGBT people by coming out in support of safe spaces where they LIVE, LEARN, WORK, PLAY, and PRAY.
HOW DOES THE CAMPAIGN WORK?
- You register and sign-up your institution or organization. You can run the campaign in your office, house of worship, library, school or college, senior center, non-profit organization, union, government agency, athletic league, gym, civic association, or any other organization – anywhere!
- Sign-up and register at www.WearTheRibbon.org and we will send you a Campaign Organizing Kit, which includes rainbow ribbons, trans pride ribbons, ‘ally’ stickers, pronoun stickers, posters, educational palm cards, and an Organizing Manual with implementation tips.
- People participate in the campaign by wearing a rainbow ribbon or trans pride ribbon, symbols of LGBT pride and history, as a way to visually “come out” in support of safe spaces for LGBT people.
- Sign the LGBT Safe Space pledge! Sign the pledge at www.WearTheRibbon.org to support creating safer spaces for LGBT people where they LIVE, LEARN, WORK, PLAY, and PRAY.
GET INVOLVED AND TAKE ACTION TODAY
- SIGN-UP AND REGISTER: Sign-up and register your institution, organization, or school! You’ll receive our Campaign Kit, which includes
- Campaign flyers/posters
- Campaign educational cards
- “Rainbow ribbon”
- “Trans Pride ribbon”
- Pronoun stickers
- “Ally” stickers
- REQUEST A CAMPAIGN TRAINING: LGBT Network staff will visit you and your team to introduce the campaign, discuss best practices, and help you get started.