Join more than 250,000 business leaders, teachers and students, parents and families, faith leaders, elected officials, and other members of the community for the LGBT Network’s 17th annual National Coming Out Day (NCOD) Awareness Campaign on Wednesday, October 11th, 2018 – National Coming Out Day.
The LGBT Network’s NCOD Campaign is a one-day campaign that engages communities to take a stand against the discrimination, violence, harassment, and bullying of LGBT people by coming out in support of safe spaces where they LIVE, LEARN, WORK, PLAY, and PRAY.
HOW DOES THE CAMPAIGN WORK?
- People participate in the campaign by wearing a rainbow ribbon, a symbol of LGBT pride and history, as a way to visually “come out” in support of safe spaces for LGBT people.
- You register and sign-up your institution or organization. You can run the campaign in your office, a house of worship, your library, a school or college, a senior center, non-profit organization, union, government agency, gyms, civic associations, or any other organization – anywhere! Sign-up and register at www.WearTheRibbon.org.
- Sign the LGBT Safe Space pledge! Sign the pledge at www.WearTheRibbon.org to commit your support to creating safer spaces for LGBT people where they live, learn, work, play, and pray.
GET INVOLVED AND TAKE ACTION TODAY
- SIGN-UP AND REGISTER: Sign-up and register your institution, organization, or school! We’ll send you a your own National Coming Out Day Campaign Organizing Kit, which includes
- Rainbow ribbons and safety pins so that people in your organization can participate
- “Ally” stickers
- 18″ x 24″ full-color campaign posters to display (see thumbnails below)
- 4″ x 6″ information cards to distribute
- Pronoun Stickers
- Organizing Manual that provides tips and suggestions about implementing and running the campaign to make it the best that it can be
- REQUEST A CAMPAIGN TRAINING: LGBT Network staff will visit you and your team to introduce the campaign, discuss best practices, and help you get started.